Wondering How to Fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing or Loading, 7 Best Ways to Fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing or Loading, Couldn’t Refresh Feed on Photo sharing platform –
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social media service owned by Meta Platforms. People share photos, videos, and reels on the platform which shows on other users’ profiles who are following them on Instagram.
However, some users have reported that they are not able to refresh their feeds on Instagram, and for some, it’s not loading properly. We also faced the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added some best ways to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing or Loading?
There can be various reasons why your feed is not refreshing or loading properly. In this article, we have some best ways by which you can fix the problem on your Instagram account.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because the app needs good internet to load the home screen feed. Here’s how you can check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Click on Go or Run or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds until the website finishes the speed test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
Another way you can try to resolve the issue is by clearing the cache data of the app as it fixes most of the problems a user faced. Here’s how you clear the Instagram cache on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, on the home screen, press and hold the Instagram app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Instagram app.
1. Go to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Instagram, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Disable Data Saver
If you have Data Saver enabled then you might face some issues while refreshing the feed as it slows down the loading. Here’s how you can turn it off.
1. Open the Instagram App on your device.
2. Navigate to your profile feed by tapping on the profile picture icon at the bottom.
3. Click on three lines (or hamburger menu) at the top right side.
4. Choose Settings from the given options and tap on Account.
5. Select Cellular Data Use and turn off the toggle next to Data Saver to disable the data saver.
Log Out of Instagram
Another way you can try to fix the problem is by logging out of Instagram and re-login again. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Go to your profile feed by tapping on your profile icon at the bottom right side.
3. Click on the hamburger menu at the top.
4. Select Settings from the appeared menu.
5. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Log Out.
6. Confirm it by tapping on Log Out.
Update the App
Another way you can try to fix the problem is by updating the Instagram app as updates come with bug fixes and improvements over its previous version. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version.
4. If there is no update available then you can also try re-installing the app.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down and there are some technical issues. So, check whether Instagram is down or not. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box.
3. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Contact Instagram Support
If all of the above methods fail, you need to report the problem to Instagram’s Support Team. Here’s how you can report a problem on Instagram.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Click on your profile icon at the bottom.
3. Tap on three lines (or hamburger menu) at the top.
4. Select Settings from the given options.
5. Choose Help then tap on Report a Problem.
6. Choose Report a Problem on the next screen.
7. Describe your issue and add images if you wish to then click on Submit button to report the issue.
After filling out and sending the form, you need to wait for a few days to get a reply from the Instagram team. Instagram will remove the error from your account and it should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing or Loading
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing or Loading Issue. I hope you find this article helpful, if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: