Wondering How to Fix Direct Messages Stuck on Loading, 7 Best Ways to Fix Instagram DMs Stuck on Loading Screen, How to Fix Instagram DMs Not Showing Properly and Stuck –
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social media service owned by Meta Platforms. Users can post photos, videos, and stories, and send messages to other users on the platform.
However, many users have reported that they are facing a problem where the Direct Messages are stuck on the loading screen in Instagram. We also faced the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the ways by which you can fix it.
How to Fix Instagram DMs Stuck on Loading Screen?
There can be various reasons for the DMs stuck on the Loading screen. One is server issues. Other reasons can be cached files, slow internet connection, and others. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a phone fixes most of the problems a user faced on it as it closes all the background activities and gives refreshment to the device. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on your Android phone.
2. Click on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have also reported that after correcting the date and time on their device, they are able to get rid of the problem. Here’s how you can correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android device.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings).
3. Now, turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time under the Date & Time section.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically to correct the date & time.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good and stable internet connection or not because if your internet speed is too low, you will face some issues while using the app. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device (like fast.com, speedtest.net, etc).
2. Once opened, click on the Test or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
Clear Cache Data
Many users have reported that clearing the cache data helped them in resolving the problem. Follow the below steps to clear cache data on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Navigate to Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram from the installed apps list to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Instagram app icon on the home screen then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app and go to General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Instagram, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Instagram App
You can also try updating the Instagram app as the issue might be due to a bug or glitch in the app. Follow the below steps to update the Instagram app on your device.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
4. Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
5. If there is no update available then you can re-install the app and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
There might be chances that the Instagram servers are down and that’s why you are getting issues with it. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Contact Instagram Support
If all of the methods fail in resolving your problem, you need to report the issue to Instagram’s Support Team. Follow the below steps to report a problem on Instagram.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Click on your profile picture icon at the bottom-right side to open your profile feed.
3. Tap on the three lines (or hamburger menu) at the top-right side.
4. Select Settings from the appeared menu.
5. On the next screen tap on Help then select Report a Problem.
6. Select Report a Problem from the appeared options.
7. Now, describe your issue and add images if you wish to then click on Submit button to report the issue.
After reporting the problem, you need to wait for a few days to get a reply from the Instagram team. Instagram will fix the problem.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram DMs Stuck on Loading Screen
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram DMs stuck on loading screen problems. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: