Wondering How to Fix “General Error 0xE00101B0” in Overwatch 2, How do I Get Rid Of a General Issue on Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch 2 game –
Overwatch 2 is a first-person free-to-play shooter game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. It intends a shared environment for player-vs-player modes while introducing persistent cooperative modes.
These days, users are getting, “General Error. (0xE00101B0)” on Overwatch 2 game. We also faced the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem with the game, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps by which you can fix it.
How to Fix “General Error 0xE00101B0” in Overwatch 2?
Users have reported when they are trying to open the game nothing happens and after a few seconds, an error message appears stating, General Error (0xE00101B0). In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can fix it.
Update the Overwatch 2 Game
First of all, you need to update the game in order to fix the issue. Follow the below steps to check and update Overwatch 2.
1. Press the Guide button.
2. Click on My Games & Apps then tap on See All.
3. Under the Games section, head over to the Overwatch 2 game and press the Menu button.
4. Tap on Manage Game and Add-Ons.
5. Click on Updates on the next screen.
6. Here, if you are seeing an update, be sure to download it.
Update the GPU Drivers
Users have reported that after updating the GPU card drivers, they are able to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Press the Windows + R key simultaneously to open the run.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the search box and hit enter to open Device Manager.
3. Double-click on Display Adaptors to expand it.
4. Right-click on the GPU card and choose Update Driver to update it.
5. Select Search Automatically for drivers.
6. Once completed, your issue should be fixed.
Wait for It
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the game servers are down. So, check whether it’s down or not and wait for the issue to resolve. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Overwatch 2 in the search box and hit enter.
3. Here, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the game and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Overwatch 2 servers are down, wait for some time (a few hours) as it can take a few hours for the game to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “General Error 0xE00101B0” in Overwatch 2
So, these are the ways by which you can Fix “General Error 0xE00101B0” in Overwatch 2 game. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: