Wondering how to fix notifications not showing or working on the Facebook web, 8 Ways to Fix Facebook Notifications Not Showing on PC, How to Resolve the problem of notifications not showing on computer or PC for Facebook –
Facebook is a social media service owned by Meta Platforms. People can use the service from Mobile and PC to share photos, videos, and stories, and send messages to other users. The platform also notifies users when something new happens on the platform across their connections.
However, many users have reported that they are not able to see the notifications on PC. We also faced the issue in the web version of Facebook but were able to get rid of it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue on the platform, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Facebook Notifications Not Showing on PC?
There can be various reasons for the Facebook Notifications Not Working or Showing Issues on PC. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can resolve the problem on your computer.
Reopen the Browser
First of all, you need to restart the browser on which you are using Facebook as there might be some bugs/glitches in it. Follow the below steps to restart the browser.
1. Click on the cross icon at the top-right side of the browser.
2. Once closed, wait for a few seconds then re-open the browser and your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your System
If in case, you are using the Facebook app on your PC or reopening the browser does not work then you need to restart your computer. Follow the below steps to restart your system.
1. Press the Windows Key on your keyboard.
2. Click on the Power icon placed at the bottom-left side.
3. Select Restart from the given options to restart your system.
Check Your Internet
You can also try checking if you have a good and active internet connection or not because if your internet speed is low, you might face some issues. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can try running a speed test. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Click on Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is too low or not stable, you will need to switch to a stable network to fix the issue.
Log Out and Log In Again
Some users have reported that logging out and logging in again to their Facebook accounts helps them in fixing the problem. Follow the below logout and login to your account.
1. Click on your profile picture icon at the top-right side.
2. Select Log Out from the appeared menu.
3. Once logged out, close the browser or app.
4. Reopen it, enter your login credentials and click on Log In.
Turn On All Notifications
Check whether you have enabled or turned on all the notifications on Facebook as there are chances that you have enabled only a few notifications and that’s the reason why it’s not showing or working for you. The process is the same for both the web app and the web browser. Follow the below steps to turn on all the notifications.
1. Click on your profile picture icon at the top-right side.
2. Tap on Settings & Privacy from the menu.
3. Select Settings on the next screen.
4. Click on Notifications from the left sidebar.
5. On the right panel, turn on the toggle next to all the notifications you want to receive.
6. Like, if you want to receive notifications for Updates from friends, tap on it.
7. Turn on the toggle next to Allow Notifications on Facebook.
8. After activating all the notifications you want to receive, click on the lock icon at the address box right before the URL if you are using Facebook on the browser.
9. Choose Site Settings from the given options.
10. Select Allow from the drop-down next to Notifications permission.
11. Now, press the Windows+S key to open Windows search.
12. Type Notifications in the search box and open the Notifications and actions settings.
13. Here, turn on the toggle under Notifications.
Clear Facebook Data
Another way you can try to fix the problem is by deleting the Facebook Data. Follow the below steps to do so on your PC.
For Facebook on a browser
If you are using Facebook on your PC via a browser, follow the below steps to clear the Facebook data.
1. Open the browser (Chrome in our case) on your PC.
2. Click on the three-dots icon at the top and select Settings.
3. Tap on Privacy and Security at the left sidebar.
4. Click on Clear Browsing Data.
5. Select the Time Range to All Time.
6. Make sure to select the checkbox for Cookies and other site data & Cache images and files then click on Clear Data.
For Facebook Web App
If you are using the Facebook app on your PC, below are the steps by which you can
1. Press the Windows+S key at once to open the search.
2. Type Facebook and right-click on it then tap App Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on Reset to delete the app data.
4. Confirm it by tapping on Reset.
Check if it’s down
If the above methods do not work then you need to check whether Facebook is down or not as there is a high chance that the problem is due to a bug or glitch in Facebook and the Facebook servers are down. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Facebook and hit enter.
3. Select Facebook from the list of search results.
4. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
5. If the servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Use a Different Browser
If you are still facing the issue after trying all the methods mentioned above then you need to use Facebook from a different browser as there might be some issues with the browser.
Hence, install a different browser like Opera, Firefox, or Google Chrome, and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix Facebook Notifications Not Showing on PC
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Facebook notifications not showing on your PC. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: