Wondering how to fix “Error starting game, trying again” in Overwatch 2, Game Found or Connecting to Server on Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch 2, [Criogenesis] stopped playing Overwatch 2 –
Overwatch 2 is a first-person shooter game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. The game comes with many new features and improvements over its previous version.
Some users have reported that they are getting “Error starting game, trying again” while trying to play a game mode on Overwatch 2 game. We also faced the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem with the game, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “Error starting game, trying again” in Overwatch 2?
Many users have reported that while trying to play the game, they are stuck on the “Game Found” or “Connecting to Server” error screen. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can fix it.
Change the Server
You can easily fix the issue by changing the game servers like if you have selected Asia then you need to change it to Europe or any other region. Follow the below steps to change your game’s server region.
1. After getting the error, exit the Overwatch 2 game.
2. Launch Battle.net and open Overwatch 2.
3. Click on the globe or settings icon under the Game version section.
4. Now, change your region by selecting another one.
5. Once changed, launch the game and your issue should be fixed.
6. If you are still getting the error even after changing the region, then you need to select another region by following the same steps.
Wait for It
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the game servers are down. So, check whether it’s down or not and wait for the issue to resolve. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Overwatch 2 in the search box and hit enter.
3. Here, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the game and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Overwatch 2 game servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for the game to resolve the issue.
Contact Blizzard Support
You can also contact Blizzard Support if the above methods are not working for you. Follow the below steps to contact Blizzard Support.
1. Open a browser and visit the Battle.net support page.
2. Click on the Technical option and select Contact Support.
3. Describe your issue and tap on I Still Need Help.
4. Select Technical >> Your Platform >> Can’t Connect >> Contact Us.
5. Log in to your Battle.net account and submit a ticket.
Conclusion: Fix “Error starting game, trying again” in Overwatch 2
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Error starting game, trying again” in the Overwatch 2 game. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: