Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a first-person action video game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, being developed and published by Fatshark. Are you seeing, “Error Code: 4008” in Warhammer 40k Darktide? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Error Code: 4008 in Warhammer 40000 Darktide game.
How to Fix “Error Code: 4008” in Warhammer 40000 Darktide?
Many users have reported on different social websites that they are getting “Failed to Connect to Server. Error Code: 4008” on the Warhammer 40k Darktide game. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the error.
Change Your DNS Address
Some users are able to get rid of the problem by changing the DNS address of the game. Follow the below steps to change your DNS address.
1. Press the Windows+R key to open the Run window.
2. Type control and hit enter or press OK.
3. On the next screen, tap on Network and Internet.
4. Click on Network and Sharing Center then tap on your internet next to the Connected option.
5. Tap on Properties then tap on Internet Protocol Version 4 and tap on Properties.
6. Select the checkbox for Use the following DNS server addresses.
7. Set the Preferred DNS server to 188.8.131.52 and the Alternate DNS server to 184.108.40.206 then tap OK.
Once changed, open the game on your PC and your issue should be fixed.
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
If the above method does not help then you need to verify the integrity of the game files. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open Steam and right-click on Warhammer 40000: Darktide.
2. Click on Properties and tap the Local Files tab.
3. Choose Verify Integrity of Game Files then relaunch the game.
Once done, your issue should be fixed.
Upload Console Log
1. Press the Windows+R key to open the run window.
2. Type %appdata% and hit enter or press OK.
3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs.
4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names.
5. Upload here.
Connect to a VPN
If you are accessing the game after connecting to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) then you need to disconnect it while if you are playing it without a VPN then you need to use the VPN in order to resolve the problem.
Hence, we suggest you, turn on or off the VPN on your device and then play the Warhammer 40000 Darktide game and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix “Error Code: 4008” in Warhammer 40000 Darktide
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Error Code: 4008” in Warhammer 40000 Darktide. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: