Red Dead Redemption 2 is a 2018 action-adventure game developed and published by Rockstar Games. The game is the third entry in the Red Dead series and a prequel to the 2010 game Red Dead Redemption. Are you getting error 0x500a01f4 in the game? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Error 0x500a01f4 in the Red Dead Redemption 2 game.
How to Fix Error 0x500a01f4 in Red Dead Redemption 2 Game?
Many users have reported that they are facing an error message stating, “Unable to connect to Rockstar game services at this time. Please try again later. (Error: 0x500a01f4)” in the Red Dead Redemption 2 game. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if your internet speed is too slow, there are chances that you will get the error. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device.
2. You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, etc.
3. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
4. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
5. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
As per Rockstar Games, below are the minimum upload and download speeds to play the game without any issues.
- Download Speed: 7.5 Mbps
- Upload Speed (recommended): 1 Mbps
- Upload Speed (minimum): 0.5 Mbps
Also, Check your open network ports. Red Dead Redemption 2 Online requires the following ports to be open:
- Port 6672 (UDP)
- Port 61455 (UDP)
- Port 61457 (UDP)
- Port 61456 (UDP)
- Port 61458 (UDP)
Change Your DNS on PlayStation
Another way to fix the error is by changing the DNS settings. Below we have mentioned the steps to change the DNS in the PlayStation.
1. Open the Homescreen and go to Settings.
2. Select Network >> Set Up Internet Connection.
3. Select Wi-Fi/LAN then select Custom.
4. Now, select Automatic for IP Address Settings.
5. For DHCP Host Name, select Do Not Specify.
6. For DNS Settings, select Manual.
7. Enter 184.108.40.206 in Primary DNS and 220.127.116.11 in Secondary DNS.
8. For MTU Settings, select Automatic.
9. For Proxy Server, select Do Not Use.
Check the Game Servers
You also need to check whether the game servers are down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
1. Open an outage detector website on your device (like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
2. Once opened, search for Red Dead Redemption 2 in the search box and hit enter.
3. Here, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Red Dead Redemption 2 and it’s most likely down.
4. Alternatively, you can also visit the Rockstar Games site for checking the status.
5. If the game servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Rockstar Games to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Error 0x500a01f4 in Red Dead Redemption 2 Game
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Error 0x500a01f4 in the Red Dead Redemption 2 Game. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: