Wondering How to Fix Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone, How do I Resolve the problem of access on my Instagram account –
Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform. It also allows users to share stories that needed a Camera and Microphone to create. Most users allow all the permissions once using it for the first time but some users don’t give all permission to apps.
However, some users are getting an error message stating, “Allow Instagram to access your camera and microphone” even after giving all the permissions. We also faced the same problem but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same error on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone?
Users have reported that while using or navigating the features on the Instagram app, they are getting “Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera and Microphone” with a Continue button. In this article, we have added the steps to fix the problem.
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is by giving the necessary permissions (in our case, give camera and microphone permission to the Instagram app). Here’s how you can enable the permission.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Go to Apps and then Manage Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of the installed app then click on App Permissions.
4. Click on Camera and Microphone one by one and select Allow to enable the permission.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on Instagram.
3. Turn on the toggle next to the Camera and Microphone.
Force Stop the App
Another way to fix the issue is by force-stopping the Instagram application. Below are the steps by which you can force-stop the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Navigate to Apps >> Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of installed apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Instagram app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Now, tap on the Force Stop option.
6. Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Instagram app.
1. On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
2. Swipe up the Instagram app window to remove it.
3. Reopen the app and check whether it’s working properly or not.
Update Instagram App
Another way to fix the problem is by updating the Instagram app as updates come with bug fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version.
4. If there is no update available then you can also try re-installing the app.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down and there are some technical errors. So, check whether Instagram is down or not. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Here, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of “Allow Instagram to Access Your Camera And Microphone”. If the article helped you in resolving the error, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: