Wondering How to Fix the Account Wiped or Lost Progress on Overwatch 2, How do I Resolve the Lost Progress on Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch 2 game –
Overwatch 2 is a first-person shooter game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. It intends a shared environment for player-versus-player modes while introducing persistent cooperative modes.
Some users have reported that their Overwatch 2 account was wiped or lost progress. We also faced the same issue but were able to get rid of it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Account Wiped or Lost Progress on Overwatch 2?
Your Overwatch 2 account got wiped or lost progress because you did not complete the account merge process or it has not synced. If you have already merged your accounts, you need to wait for the items from Overwatch 1 to transfer to Overwatch 2.
As per an Overwatch announcement, this is taking a long time because the player database is overloaded. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can fix Account Wiped or Lost Progress on Overwatch 2.
Update the Overwatch 2 Game
Check if there is an update available for the game then you need to update it in order to fix the account wiped or lost progress issue. Follow the below steps to check and update Overwatch 2.
1. Press the Guide button.
2. Click on My Games & Apps then tap on See All.
3. Under the Games section, head over to the Overwatch 2 game and press the Menu button.
4. Tap on Manage Game and Add-Ons.
5. Click on Updates on the next screen.
6. Here, if you are seeing an update, be sure to download it.
Reconnect your console to your Battle.net account
Another way you can try to fix the problem is by disconnecting your console from the Battle.net account and then re-connecting it again. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Battle.net website and log in to your account.
2. Click on Connections.
3. Tap on Disconnect next to the console that you are using and confirm the disconnection.
4. Once disconnected, click on Connect next to the console name.
5. Click on Continue and confirm it.
6. Restart your console and your issue should be fixed.
Wait for your items to transfer over
Blizzard Entertainment mentioned that the player database is overloaded, which will take a longer time for your Overwatch items to transfer over to Overwatch 2.
Also, they are currently investigating the issue and are deploying a client-side fix in the next few days or weeks.
Contact Blizzard Support
You can also contact Blizzard Support if the above methods are not working for you. Follow the below steps to contact Blizzard Support.
1. Open a browser and visit the Battle.net support page.
2. Tap on the Technical option and select Contact Support.
3. Describe your issue and tap on I Still Need Help.
4. Select Technical >> Your Platform >> Can’t Connect >> Contact Us.
5. Log in to your Battle.net account and submit a ticket.
Conclusion: Fix Account Wiped or Lost Progress on Overwatch 2
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Account Wiped or Lost Progress in Overwatch 2 Game. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: