Wondering How to Fix “100 Unsupported Request Method Type Post” on Facebook, I’m not able to log into my Facebook account and getting an Unsupported Request Error on the Mobile app –
Facebook is a social media platform that has millions of active users around the world. Users can share photos, videos, reels, and stories, and can send messages to others on the platform. The service can be accessed from both Phone and the web.
However, users are getting logged out from Facebook automatically and when they are trying to log into their account again, they are getting “Log-in Failed,  Unsupported Request – Method Type: Post”. We also got the same issue but were able to get rid of it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem with your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix “100 Unsupported Request Method Type Post” on Facebook?
Many users are complaining about the issue on different social media platforms and there can be various reasons for the error, the main one being glitch or bug in the app or server issues. In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix the issue on your account.
Clear Cache Data
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is by clearing the cache data of the Facebook app as many users have reported that after clearing cache data, they are able to use it without any issues. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Go to Apps then click on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Facebook from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, on the home screen, long press the Facebook app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open the App Info.
5. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Facebook app.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage.
3. Here, you will see Facebook, tap on it.
4. Now, click on the Offload app option.
5. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
6. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Check Your Internet
Another way to resolve the issue is to check whether you have a good internet connection or not. Here’s how you can check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Click on Go or Run or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds until the website finishes the speed test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Update the App
Another way you can try to fix the problem is by updating the Facebook app as updates come with bug fixes and improvements over its previous version. Here’s how you can update the Facebook app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Facebook in the search box.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version.
4. If there is no update available then you can also try re-installing the app.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Facebook servers are down and there are some technical issues. So, check whether Facebook is down or not. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. After opening it, search for Facebook in the search box.
3. Tap on Facebook from the list.
4. Check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
5. If the servers on Facebook are down, you need to wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “100 Unsupported Request Method Type Post” on Facebook
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “ Unsupported Request – Method Type: Post” error on Facebook. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: