Apple has a privacy-focused feature that allows users to turn off microphone and camera access from the control panel. However, if you are an Android user then you don’t have to worry as Android phones also have an option by which you can block camera and mic access for all the apps on Android, in this read you will learn how to do it on your phone running on any Android operating system.
How to Block Camera and Mic for All Apps on Android?
With Android 12, Google has added an option in the control panel to disable or block the camera and microphone access for all the apps and services. However, if your phone is running on Android 11 or below then don’t worry as there is a workaround for it as well. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can turn off the access on any Android device.
Disable Camera and Mic on Android 12 or above
Android 12 has Quick Settings tiles for Camera and Mic Access. If you turn it off, apps will be able to use them. Follow the below steps to disable it.
1. On your Android phone running on Android 12 or above, swipe down the notification panel.
2. Here, you will see the Mic and Camera access toggle (if you are not seeing it, you need to add them to the quick toggles menu by clicking on the pencil icon).
3. Tap on both the access to disable them. Once turned off, you will see Blocked below the toggle instead of Available.
Now, once you visit an open which requires permission, you will see a pop-up asking you to enable the permission.
Disable Camera and Mic on Older Android Phones
On Android 11 or below versions, there is no toggle by default by which you can disable or enable access for all the apps. However, there is a workaround method for it. Follow the below steps to use it to disable the access.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Click on About Phone and tap on the Build number or Custom UI version seven times to unblock the Developer mode.
3. Go back to System Settings or Additional Settings then tap on Developer Options.
4. Scroll down and tap on Quick Settings Developer tiles.
5. On the next screen, turn on the toggle next to Sensors Off.
6. After enabling it, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
7. Click on Sensors Off to disable all the sensors including the camera and mic.
So, these are the ways by which you can disable or block camera and microphone access for all the apps on any Android phone. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: