How to recover deleted messages on Facebook messenger iPhone or Android, Facebook messenger recovery tool, Best Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages –
Facebook is one of the popular social media platforms. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users worldwide.
Many times, we delete messages on the platform but after some time we need to see the information or message we have deleted. Hopefully, there is a way to do so.
So, if you are also one of those who want to recover deleted Facebook messages, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed a step-by-step guide to retrieve them.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
In this article, we have listed the guide by which you can retrieve your deleted messages on Facebook.
From Archived Folder
Before recovering the deleted messages, let’s see the messages in the archived folder as it might be possible that you might have archived the message instead of deleting it. Here’s how you can find the messages on the archive.
- Open the Facebook website on your PC.
- Click on the Messenger icon at the top right side.
- Tap on See All in Messenger button at the bottom.
- Click on the three-dots icon at the top below the search icon.
- Select Archived Chats from the drop-down.
- Here, you will see the archived chats.
If you are using a mobile app of Messenger, and want to see the archived chats. Here’s how you can see it.
- Open the Messenger App on your device.
- Type the name of the user in the search bar.
- If you archived the message, it will show below.
- Tap on it and send a message to put the chat back in your main inbox.
So, if you can’t find the message you are looking for in the archived folder, you need to recover it. Follow the below steps to find deleted messages.
Retrieve Chat Data on Android
Android device stores data of every application we use on our device. So, if you have the Messenger application installed on your device. Here’s how you can retrieve your chat data.
- If you don’t have a file manager on your device, then you need to download one from Google Play Store.
- Open the File Manager on your device and to your Internal Device Storage.
- Now, navigate to Android >> Data >> com.facebook.orca >> Cache >> fb_temp
- Here, you will find your deleted messages.
Unfortunately, if you are an iPhone user, it’s harder to access the phone’s backup for Messenger. In that situation, you may need to try a third-party iPhone data recovery tool.
By Accessing Your Facebook Account Information
You can also recover messages by accessing your Facebook account information. Here’s how you can do it on your Android and iOS devices.
- Open Facebook App on your device.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- Go to the Settings (on Android, click on the three lines menu and then tap on Settings & Privacy and select Settings).
- Here, you will see Transfer a copy of your information or Download a copy of your data under Your Facebook Information section.
- Tap on it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Deselect all the options, and choose only Messages, also choose the time range and HTML in the format, and finally tap on Create File.
- If asked for destination select Google Docs or Dropbox, or any other as per your convenience.
- Now, wait for an email from Facebook.
- After receiving the mail, download the zip file.
- Once done, access your data and navigate to the messages folder under Inbox.
- Here, you will see multiple HTML files and other folders. Navigate to the person that you have chatted with.
- The user’s name will be shown on the file name.
- Open the file and an HTML file will be opened.
- Here, you will see a full list of messages that you and the person sent to each other on Facebook Messenger.
From the Other Person on the Chat
One of the other methods to get your message back is by asking the recipients. When you delete a message on Facebook chat, it is not gone from their end which means they sull have a copy. Here’s how you can do it.
- Contact the other person whose messages you want to see.
- Ask them to send a screenshot of the conversation or to resend the messages by copying and pasting.
Conclusion: Best Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
So, these are the ways to recover your deleted Facebook messages. We hope the article helped you in recovering your messages on the platform.
You can easily retrieve your deleted Facebook messages. We have listed some methods by which you can do it. Follow all the methods one by one to see which one works best for you.