Instagram emoji reactions for direct messages not working, How to react to Instagram messages with emojis on Android or iPhone, how to react to direct messages on Instagram, I can’t react to Instagram messages, Best Ways to React to Instagram Messages with Emojis –
Instagram is one of the popular photo and video sharing platforms owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook Inc). It has millions of active users worldwide and is available for both Android and iOS devices as well as for web versions.
Previously, Meta merged Facebook’s Messenger and Instagram Direct Messages (DMs). With the merge, Meta introduced new features for Instagram DMs including emoji reactions similar to Facebook Messenger.
Before this merger, Instagram users only react to DMs with a heart emoji, but now we can customize the emojis. Read the article till the end to see how you can react to Instagram Messages with custom emojis.
How to React to Instagram Messages with Emojis?
In this article, we have listed the step-by-step guide to reacting to Instagram messages with emojis. But before that, you need to update the messaging in the app if you have not done it already. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Instagram and hit enter.
- Now, if you are seeing the update button, tap on it to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, open the Instagram App on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on your profile picture icon from the bottom to go to your profile feed.
- Now, tap on the hamburger menu at the top and select Settings from the given options.
- Here, you will see the Update Messaging option, tap on it (if you are not seeing the Update Messaging option, it means you have already updated it).
- Finally, click on Update to use the new features including message reactions.
Done, you have successfully Updated the Messaging option, now you can react to messages with custom emojis. Follow the below steps to see how you can react to DMs.
React to Instagram Messages with Emojis
After updating the messaging feature on your Instagram app. Here’s how you can react to Instagram DMs with custom emojis.
- Open the chat in which you want to react with emojis.
- Press and hold on to the message in which you want to react.
- Here, a set of emojis will appear on the screen.
- Click on the emoji that you want to react with to the message.
If you don’t link the default emojis or want to see the full list of emojis that you can react to the messages, then here’s how you can do it.
- Open the chat then press and hold the message that you want to react to.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon and here you will see a full list of emojis, react with the emoji you want.
- You can also customize the default emojis by clicking on Customize under the Your Reactions section.
- After clicking on Customize, select the reaction you want and choose an emoji to replace it.
Change the Double-Tap Heart Emoji Reaction
By default, double-tapping on an Instagram message reacts with red heart emoji. So, if you don’t like it or want to change it, you can easily do it. Here’s how you can change the double-tap heart emoji reaction.
- Open a user’s chat on Instagram.
- Press and hold a message and it will a set of emojis.
- Here, Press and hold the red heart emoji.
- Now, choose the emoji you want to set as default in double-tap.
- Finally, click on Done at the top.
Done, you have successfully changed the double-tap read heart emoji reaction.
Conclusion: React to Instagram Messages with Emojis
So, these are the ways by which you can react to Instagram Direct Messages with custom emojis. We have also listed the steps to change the default double-tap heart emoji. We hope the article helped you in doing so on your account.
If you are not able to react with custom emojis on Instagram DMs then you probably have not updated the messaging yet on your account. To update it, open Settings >> Update Messaging >> Update to react with custom emojis.
Yes, you can easily unreact to DMs if you have accidentally reacted to a message or added a wrong emoji. To do so, click on the emoji under the message and tap the emoji to remove the reaction.
Yes, you can easily change the default double-tap heart emoji reaction. To do so, press and hold a message then press and hold the heart emoji and finally choose the emoji you want to set as default then tap on Done to save changes.