Laptop stuck on Restarting screen while updating, Windows 11 stuck on updates are underway, How to Fix Windows stuck on restarting after the update, Windows 11 stuck on preparing windows, Best Ways to Fix Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting Screen –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System that was released in 2021. It comes as the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in 2015.
With the latest release, these days users are facing problems like slower boot times and systems stuck on the restart screen. Hopefully, there are some ways by which you can resolve the issue on your system.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of Windows 11 being Stuck on Restarting Screen, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the methods to fix it.
How to Fix Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting Screen?
In this article, we have listed some workable methods to fix the issue. Check the method one-by-one to solve the problem in your system.
Boot PC in Safe Mode
As you are stuck on restarting the screen, you need to shut down your PC forcefully and boot it into Safe Mode to fix the issue.
There are multiple ways by which you can boot your Windows 11 system in the Safe Mode, but since you are unable to access the system, the force shutdown method is your best bet. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press and hold the power button until it shuts down.
- Wait for some time before turning it on.
- Once it starts booting, again press and holds the power button until it shut down.
- Repeat the same steps again.
- Now, once again repeat these steps, and Windows will open the Automatic Repair screen.
- Here, click on Advanced options then tap on Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options then tap on Startup Settings.
- Click on the Restart button and press 4 or F4 on your keyboard to boot your PC in safe mode.
Done, you have successfully booted your PC in safe mode. Now, use the methods we have listed below to prevent Windows from being stuck on restarting screen.
If you are unable to boot Windows 11, most of the fixes listed here would not work. But, a quick way around the problem is to get into the Safe Mode and execute these.
Remove External Devices
In some cases, an external peripheral and devices like speakers, microphones, and other causes the problem of Windows stuck on restarting screen.
So, if you have any external devices connected to your system, you need to remove all of them and check if the error is resolved or not. If you still facing the same problem, check out the next methods.
Update Windows 11 to Fix Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting Screen
There could be a bug in the current version by which you are facing the problem. So, if there’s a newer version available, installing it should resolve the problem. If you have any pending OS updates, then you need to download them. Here’s how you update it.
- Press the Windows key and tap on Settings to open it.
- Click on the Windows Update from the sidebar.
- Here, tap on Check for Update to download and install pending updates.
Turn on Secure Boot
Secure Boot is a feature that allows your system to boot with trusted software from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) only. If enabled and fully configured, it helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware.
If it’s disabled on your system, Windows might fail to boot correctly. Here’s how you can enable it.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type msinfo32 in the open path and hit enter.
- Click on the System Summary then check if Secure Boot State is on or not in the right panel.
If it’s on, then go to the next method. But if it’s not enabled, here’s how you can enable it.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard then tap on the gear icon to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update from the sidebar.
- Under Advanced options, click on Recovery (you can also find it under the system tab).
- Here, tap on Restart now next to the Advanced startup.
- Select Troubleshoot then tap on Advanced options.
- Click on the UEFI Firmware Settings from the given options then tap on the Restart button.
- Now, your system with boot into BIOS (basic input/output system).
- Click on Boot at the top and tap Enable to turn on the secure boot.
- Lastly, press the F10 key to save these changes and exit BIOS.
Now, restart your system and your issue should be fixed.
Remove Recently Installed Apps
If you are getting this issue right after installing an application on your system, then you need to uninstall it first.
Sometimes, certain apps conflict with the functioning of the OS, and could as well cause the reboot loop problem in Windows. If you encountered the error right after installing it, here’s how you can remove it.
- Press the Windows key and click on Settings to open it.
- Tap on the Apps from the sidebar.
- Now, click on Apps & Features.
- Click on the three dots next to the recently installed app then tap Uninstall.
- Confirm it by tapping Uninstall to remove the app.
Uninstall Recently Installed Windows Update
If you are getting this issue right after you have installed a Windows update, then you need to uninstall it first. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows key on your system and tap on Settings to open it.
- You can also open the settings from the start menu. To do so, right-click on the Start menu and choose Settings from the given options to open it.
- Click on the Windows Update from the sidebar then tap on Update history.
- Here, tap on Uninstall updates under the Related Settings section.
- Tap on the recently installed update from the list based on their installation date then click on Uninstall.
Done, you have successfully deleted the recently installed Windows update from your system.
Run a Quick SFC Scan to Fix Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting Screen
Sometimes, corrupt or missing system files also cause problems with Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting screen. SFC (System File Checker) scan fixes these files. Here’s how you can use it.
- Right-click on the Start menu and tap Windows Terminal (Admin) from the given options.
- Now, type SFC/ scannow command and hit enter.
Once completed, restart your system.
Delete Files in Software Distribution Folder
Windows keeps downloaded files in the Software distribution folder before installing. Here’s how you can delete them.
- Press Windows+R to open the run window.
- Type C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution in the text field and hit enter.
- Select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A and delete them.
Finally, restart the computer and check if the reboot loop problem in Windows 11 is resolved.
Conclusion: Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting Screen
So, these are the ways to fix the problem of Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting Screen. We hope the article helped you in fixing the error on your system.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
There could be many reasons why you are facing the problem of Windows 11 Stuck on Restarting screen. It could be a problem with your current Windows versions, secure boot disabled, corrupt system files, or incompatible apps.
If you facing a problem with Windows 11 Stuck on restarting screen, you can fix it easily by following the methods we have listed in the article. Check all the methods to resolve the issue.