Wondering how to Fix Messenger Notifications Not Working, Why am I not Getting Facebook Messenger Notifications iPhone or Android –
Messenger is one of the popular instant messaging apps developed by Meta Platforms. It allows users to send text messages, photos, videos, and calls on the platform.
For some users, Facebook Messenger Notifications are not working or showing. We also got the same problem on our problem but were able to fix it easily.
So, if you are also one of those who want to Fix Messenger Notifications Not Working, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Messenger Notifications Not Working?
There could be many reasons why notifications are not working for your account whether it’s a technical error or low internet connectivity. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can fix it.
Switch To A Different Network
Check whether you have active Internet on your phone or not. Further, try switching your network type like if you are connected to mobile data, you need to switch to a Wi-Fi network while if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, switch to mobile data.
After switching the network type on your device, your issue should be fixed. Make sure to close the application after switching your network. This way your error should be fixed, and you can use the social media platform as usual.
Clear Cache Files to Fix Messenger Notifications Not Working
Clearing Cache data also fixes most of the issues a user faced on an app. Here’s how you can clear the cached data of the Messenger app on an Android device.
- Long-press the Messenger app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Here, click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Lastly, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache files.
- Once done, restart your phone and your issue should be fixed.
However, iOS phones don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
- Here, you will see the Messenger app, tap on it.
- Click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option.
- After Offloading, restart your device and your issue should be fixed.
Update Messenger App
You can also try updating the Messenger app on the latest version as updates come with Bug fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update it.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
- If you are seeing an update button it means that there is a new version available to download. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
Reinstall the App to Fix Messenger Notifications Not Working
If the above method does not work for you, you need to uninstall the Messenger app from your device and then install it again. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press and hold the Messenger app icon and tap on Remove or Uninstall.
- Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or remove button.
- After it is uninstalled, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Download button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once downloaded, log in to your account.
- Give all the necessary permissions and your issue should be fixed.
Check If Messenger is down
If you are not able to get the notifications on the Messenger app, it’s most likely because it’s down. So, check whether Messenger servers are down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown)
- After opening a website, search for Messenger.
- Now, check the spike in the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Messenger and it’s most likely down.
- If the Messenger servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Messenger to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Messenger Notifications Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Messenger Notifications not working or showing. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Restore Deleted Posts on Facebook?
How to Fix Nearby Friends Not Showing on Facebook?