Instagram 60 second reel not working, Instagram reel black screen iPhone or Android, Best Ways to Fix Instagram Reels Videos Stopped Playing –
Instagram is one of the popular photo and video sharing platforms. The service has millions of active users around the world.
These days, users are facing the problem of Instagram videos stopping automatically on the platform and users are not able to play them. Hopefully, you can easily fix the issue on your account.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing or getting the same problem on your Instagram account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix them.
How to Fix Instagram Reels Videos Stopped Playing Automatically?
In this article, we have listed some methods to fix the problem of Reels videos stopping playing automatically. Read the full article to see which method works best for you.
Disable Data Saver
If you have turned on a data saver on your account, you need to disable it as it may stop videos from loading. Here’s how you can disable it.
- Open the Instagram App on your device.
- Go to your profile feed by clicking on the profile picture icon at the bottom.
- Now, tap on three lines (or hamburger menu) placed at the top right side and choose Settings from the given options.
- Click on Account and choose Cellular Data Use.
- Now, turn off the toggle next to the Data Saver.
Turn off Battery Saver
Some users have reported that disabling the Battery also fixes the problem they are getting on their account as it limits certain features on a device. So, if you have enabled it, here’s how you can turn it off on your iOS devices.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Battery and turn off the toggle for Low Power Mode.
If you are an Android user, here’s how you can disable it.
- Open the Settings App on your phone.
- Click on the Battery and then choose Battery Saver.
- Finally, turn off the toggle for Battery Saver.
Check Your Internet
The other thing to solve the problem is to check your internet connection. Your phone should be connected to reliable internet. If you are connected to a mobile network, try connecting to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Also, check if your internet is working fine and if other web pages or apps are loading properly or not. If your internet is working properly, try connecting to a different network to Fix the problem.
In the case of mobile data, make sure you are in an area with good connectivity, and there are no signal drops. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your phone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open a browser on your phone and visit an Internet Speed Test website.
- You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, openspeedtest.com, speed.cloudflare.com, and others.
- Open any of the websites and click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds till it finishes the speed test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Clear Cache Data to Fix Instagram Reels Videos Stopped Playing
Clearing Cache data fixes most of the problems a user faced on an application as there are many instances when the data files have gone corrupted, or the cache memory of Instagram has accumulated a lot of storage.
Also, it will not delete any of your personal data from the app. Here’s how you can clear the cached data of Instagram on an Android device.
- Navigate to Settings >> Apps >> Manage Apps on your Android device.
- Here, search for Instagram then tap on it, and it will open the App Info of Instagram.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info of Instagram from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the Instagram app icon and tap on the information or ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage and then tap on Clear Cache.
- After clearing the cache, restart your phone and your issue should be fixed.
However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data of an application. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app.
Also, you will not lose any data in this process. Here’s how you can Offload the Instagram application on your iOS device.
- Navigate to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage and select Instagram.
- Now, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option.
Done, you have successfully Offloaded the Instagram app on your device and it will be installed again and you will be logged in to your account.
Reinstall the App to Fix Instagram Reels Videos Stopped Playing
If none of the methods works for you, you need to reinstall the Instagram app from your smartphone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Uninstall or Delete the Instagram App from your smartphone.
- After uninstalling, open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Instagram button to download the latest version of the application.
- Once downloaded, log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Reels Videos Stopped Playing
So, these are the ways by which you can easily fix the problem of Instagram Reels Videos Stopped Playing. We hope the article helps you in fixing the problem on your Android and iOS devices.