Wondering Best Ways to Fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing, How to fix Instagram videos that won’t play –
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social networking service founded in the year 2010 and later acquired by Meta (formerly known as Facebook).
Many users send photos and videos to other users on the platform via DMs. But, these days, the recipients are not able to play the video as it’s not loading properly. We also faced the same problem but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of Instagram DM Videos Not Playing, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing?
There can be many reasons why the video is not playing properly. In this article, we have added some of the best ways by which you can fix the problem of Instagram DM Videos Not Playing.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check your network type as Instagram says that if you are not able to play videos then your internet is down or its speed is too low.
If it’s not down, check if you have a good Internet Connection because if your internet speed is too low, you might get the No Internet Connection error.
If you are unsure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Test website.
- You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, and others.
- Once opened, click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Accept the DM Request
If you have not accepted the DM request from a new user and trying to play the video that they have sent you via DM, then you will not be able to play it. Here’s how you can accept a new DM request on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Go to the Instagram DM section by tapping on the messages icon.
- Click on the Requests section at the top.
- Select the user who has sent you the video.
- Finally, click on Accept button at the bottom.
Done, you have successfully accepted the DM request and now you can play the video without any issues.
Save the Video to Fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing
If the video is still not playing, then you can save or download it on your device to fix the problem. Here’s how you can save the Instagram DM video.
- Open the Chat in which you have received the video.
- Press and hold on to the video and click on More.
- Tap on Save from the given options to save it on your account. To download it on your phone, click on the video >> tap on the three-dots icon at the top >> Select Save to Camera roll.
Disable Data Saver
If you have turned on a data saver on your account, you need to disable it as it may stop videos from loading. Here’s how you can disable the data saver on your account.
- Open the Instagram App on your device.
- Go to your profile feed by tapping on the profile picture icon at the bottom.
- Now, click on three lines (or hamburger menu) placed at the top right side and choose Settings from the given options.
- Click on Account and select Cellular Data Use.
- Now, turn off the toggle next to the Data Saver.
Disable Battery Saving Mode
If you have enabled power saving mode on your device then there are chances that it may be the reason why the videos are not loading or playing. Here’s how you can turn off battery-saving mode.
- Open the Settings app on an Android device.
- Click on Battery & Performance.
- Here, you will see Battery Saver or Power Saver, tap on it.
- Turn off the toggle next to it.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on Battery from the given options.
- Turn off the toggle next to Low Power Mode.
Reset Network Settings to Fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing
Some users have reported that resetting network settings fixes the problem. Here’s how you can reset network settings.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Click on General from the given options.
- Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone at the bottom.
- Click on Reset and select Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your password to confirm it.
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Type Reset in the search box and tap on Reset Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and Bluetooth.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings.
Clear Cache Data
Some users have reported that Clearing the cache files of the Instagram app fixes the problem they are getting on their account. Here’s how you can clear cache data.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon and click on the information or ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
- Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear the cached data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and tap on Instagram.
- Here, you will see an Offload app option, tap on it.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
After clearing the cache data, restart your smartphone and your issue should be fixed.
Update the Instagram App to Fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing
App updates come with improvements and bug or glitch fixes that a user faced on the previous version of the app. So, if you are using an outdated version of Instagram then you need to update it. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Type Instagram in the search and hit enter.
- Click on Update to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Instagram app on your device and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram DM Videos Not Playing or Loading. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem.