Wondering how to Fix Facebook Messenger Not Sending Messages, Why I am not able to send messages to other friends on the Facebook Messenger app –
Messenger is a popular instant messaging app and service developed by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). Messenger is connected to Facebook, and users will have to log in to their Facebook account in order to use Messenger.
These days, users are not able to send messages on the platform. Also, for some users, the app is even not opening properly. We also got the same problem on our account but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to fix the Facebook Messenger Not Sending Messages problem, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed some ways to do so.
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Not Sending Messages?
There could be many reasons why you have got the issue on your account. In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix the error for your account.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a device fixes most of the issues a user faced on it. Also, some users have reported that they are able to fix the problem after restarting their phones. Here’s how you can restart your smartphone.
Restart Android Phones:
- Long-press the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
- Tap on Restart from the given options.
- Wait for a few seconds to finish restarting.
Restart iPhone X and later:
- Long press the Side button and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- When the slide to power off slider appears, release the buttons.
- Move the slider to shut down your iPhone.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds and press the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
Restart All Other iPhone Models:
- Long press the Sleep/Wake button. On older phones, it’s on the top of the device. On the iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side of the device.
- When the power off slider appears, release the buttons.
- Move the slider from left to right. This prompts the iPhone to shut down.
- When the phone shuts off, long-press the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Check Your Internet to Fix Messenger Not Sending Messages
Before, moving to further fixes, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if your internet speed is too low then you will not be able to send messages on the platform.
If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can check your internet speed.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Checker website. (e.g., fast.com, speedtest.net)
- After opening, click on Test or Start if it does not begin the test automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
If your internet speed is too low, try switching to a different stable network. Like if you are using mobile data, switch to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Turn Off Data Saver
Messenger has a built-in data saver mode on the platform which saves your data. However, if you have enabled it, you might face some issues while using the app. Here’s how you can turn it off.
- Open the Messenger app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon and click on Data Saver under Preferences.
- Finally, turn off the toggle next to it.
Force Close to Messenger Not Sending Messages
Force closing an app fixes most of the problems a user faced on it. Here’s how you can Force Stop the Messenger app on an Android device.
- Long press the Messenger icon.
- Click on the ‘i’ icon to open the App Info.
- Here, you will see a Force Stop option, tap on it.
- Wait for a few seconds then restart the app to see whether the problem is solved or not.
If you are an iPhone user, here’s how you can force close the Messenger app.
- On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
- Swipe up the Messenger app window to remove it.
- Reopen the app and check if the problem is solved or not.
Check If Messenger is down
If you are not able to fix the issue on the Messenger app, then there are chances that it’s down. So, check whether Messenger servers are down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown)
- After opening, type Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
- Here, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Messenger and it’s most likely down.
- If the Messenger servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Messenger to resolve the issue.
Check If You are blocked
If you are not able to send messages to a particular user then there are chances that the user might have blocked you on Facebook or not. We have created a dedicated article on how to know if someone has blocked you on Facebook.
Try Messenger Lite to Fix Messenger Not Sending Messages
If you are still facing the problem then you need to switch to the Messenger Lite app as it consumes less data as compared to the main application. Here’s how you can install the Facebook Messenger Lite app on your device.
- Open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Messenger Lite in the search bar and hit enter.
- Click on Install to download the liter version of Messenger.
Conclusion: Fix Facebook Messenger Not Sending Messages
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Facebook Messenger Not Sending Messages Problem. We hope the article helped you in resolving the issue on your account.