iPhone autocorrect is messed up, why is my autocorrect not working on my iPhone, Best Ways to Fix Autocorrect Not Working on your iPhone –
Autocorrect on smartphones makes and corrects typos, and capitalized errors, and polishes your spelling by inserting the symbols in between the text.
However, these days, users are facing the problem of autocorrect not working properly on iPhones as it’s typing the wrong words and replacing the correct words with the ones that do not make any sense.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your Apple iPhone, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Autocorrect Not Working Properly on your iPhone?
In this article, we have listed the ways by which you can fix the problem of autocorrect not working properly on your iPhone. Read on to explore all the ways.
The first way to fix the issue is by turning off and on the autocorrect on your device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Go to General and choose Keyboard.
- Here, turn off the toggle next to Auto-correction.
- Wait for a few seconds and then again turn on the toggle next to Auto-correction.
Done, after enabling the autocorrect, your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your iPhone
If you have already enabled the auto-correct on your device and facing the issue then you need to restart your device. Restarting a phone fixes most of the issues a user faced on their handset. Here’s how you can do it.
Restart iPhone X and later:
- Tap and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
- When the slider appears stating slide to power off, release both the buttons.
- Move the slider from left to right to shut down your handset.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds and hold down the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone All Other Models:
- Tap and hold the Sleep/Wake button. On older phones, it’s on the top of the device. On the iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side of the device.
- When the power off slider appears, release the buttons.
- Move the slider from left to right. This prompts the iPhone to shut down.
- When the phone shuts off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the button and wait for the iPhone to finish restarting.
Use a Supported Language
If you are using a language that is not on the list of Apple’s supported languages then you might not be able to autocorrect the words or sentences of the language. Here’s how you can check Apple’s official list of support languages and add a keyboard in a different language.
- Open the Settings App on your phone.
- Go to General and tap on Keyboard.
- Click on Keyboards at the top and select Add New Keyboard.
- Choose a language from the given ones and set up the keyboard.
Turn on Spell Check and Predictive Text
When you enable the Predictive Test, it will predict the words based on your previous typing as it uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Additionally, spell check automatically corrects the misspelled words. Here’s how you can enable it on your device.
- Open the Settings App on your iOS device.
- Click on the General and choose Keyboard.
- Turn on the toggle next to both Check Spelling and Predictive if not enabled already.
Reset Dictionary to Fix Autocorrect Not Working on iPhone
If auto-correct on your phone is suggesting wrong spelling then you need to reset the dictionary of your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Tap on General then choose Transfer or Reset iPhone at the bottom.
- Click on Reset and select Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Enter your password and it will reset the dictionary.
Use a Third-Party Keyboard
If the above methods do not work for you, then you need to use a third-party keyboard on your device. There are a lot of keyboards available on the App Store like SwiftKey, Gboard, and others.
You can download any of the keyboards from the App Store and replace them with the default keyboard to fix the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Autocorrect Not Working on your iPhone
So, these are the ways by which you can fix autocorrect not working on your iPhone. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem of autocorrect not working on iOS devices.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
First of all, check if auto-correct is enabled on your device not. To enable it, navigate to Settings >> Click on General >> Go to Keyboard >> Finally, turn on the toggle for Auto-correction.
You May Also Like:
How to Delete Photos from an iPhone but not from iCloud?
How to Connect Your AirPods to iPhone?