Allow Apple Watch to Unlock Mac not showing, How to Connect Apple Watch to Macbook without iPhone, Best Ways to Fix Apple Watch Not Unlocking Mac –
Apple Watch is one of the best wearable smartwatches which allows users to perform a variety of tasks, including making phone calls, sending messages, reading emails, etc.
It also allows users to unlock their Mac when both are in a particular range just like we use the watch to unlock iPhone. However, these days, users are not able to unlock the Mac with their Watch. Hopefully, the problem is fixable.
So, if you are also one of those who want to fix the problem of the Apple Watch Not Unlocking the Mac, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Unlocking Mac?
If you are also facing the same problem, don’t worry we are here to help you. In this article, we have listed the ways by which you can fix Apple Watch Not Unlocking Mac.
Restart Your Watch to Fix Apple Watch Not Unlocking Mac
Firstly restart your Apple Watch as Restarting the watch fixes most of the problems a user faced on it. Also, some users have reported that they are able to unlock the Mac with their Apple Watch after restarting their watch. Here’s how you can restart the Apple Watch.
- Press and hold the Side button on the Watch until it opens the power off-screen.
- Drag the slider to turn off the Watch.
- Wait for a few seconds then press and hold the Side button until you see an Apple logo.
Done, you have successfully restarted your Watch and now your issue should be fixed.
Turn On Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Apple Watch connects with Mac via Bluetooth and synchronizes via Wi-Fi. Hence, if you have not enabled Wi-Fi and Bluetooth then you will need to turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your Mac and Apple Watch.
If turned on already, then disable them and enable them once again as it establishes a new connection and your issue should be fixed.
Unpair and Pair the Watch Again
If the above methods do not work for you, then you need to unpair and pair the watch again to fix the issue. Here’s how you can do it.
From Watch Settings
- Press the digital crown on your Watch and it will open the App View, click on Settings.
- Tap on General, scroll down to the bottom, and choose Reset.
- Now, click on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter the passcode if there is any.
- Click on Erase All or Erase all & Keep Plan to erase your Apple Watch.
From Watch App on iPhone
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on All Watches under the My Watch section.
- Click on the ‘i’ icon next to the watch you want to unpair.
- Select Unpair Apple Watch and confirm it.
- Choose whether you want to Keep or Remove Data Plan.
- Finally, unpair it by entering the Apple ID password.
After unsparing, keep the Apple Watch close to your iPhone. Your phone will show a setup animation, click on Continue to proceed. Done, you have successfully paired your Apple Watch. Now, your issue should be fixed.
Connect Mac and Watch to the Same Wi-Fi
If you have connected your Mac and Watch with a different Wi-Fi network then you will need to connect both the devices with the same Wi-Fi network.
Once you connect both Mac and Watch to the same Wi-Fi, your issue should be fixed.
Re-enable the Unlock Feature on Mac
Some users have reported that re-enabling the Unlock Feature helps them in fixing the issue. Here’s how you can re-enable it.
- Unlock both Watch and Mac by entering the passcode if there is any.
- Tap on the Apple logo on the top-left side of your Mac.
- Click on System Preferences and select Security & Privacy.
- Uncheck the box for Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac.
- Wait for a few seconds, and again check the box for Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac.
Turn On and Off Airplane Mode
If none of the methods works for you then you need to enable Airplane Mode and wait for a few seconds then turn it off to fix the issue you are facing in unlocking the device.
Conclusion: Fix Apple Watch Not Unlocking Mac
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Apple Watch not unlocking Mac. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem you are getting in unlocking your Mac computer.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
If you are not able to unlock your Mac using Apple Watch then you can re-enable the Unlock Feature on your Mac because many users have reported that re-enabling the Unlock Feature helps them in fixing the issue.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Apple Watch Swipe Gesture Not Working?
How to Unlock iPhone with Mask On without Using Apple Watch?