Cannot Get Mail error on Apple Mail, Mail Server is not responding, verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail Settings, Google requires completing authentication in Safari, Connection to the server failed, How to Fix Apple Mail Not Syncing With Gmail on iPhone –
Apple Mail is one of the popular email clients included by Apple with its operating systems. It allows you to sign in to different email services just like Gmail allows Android users.
However, these days, many users are facing the problem of Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail on their iPhone or iPad, don’t worry we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those whose Apple Mail is not syncing with Gmail on Apple devices, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Apple Mail Not Syncing With Gmail on iPhone?
There are many reasons why you are getting the syncing problem whether your app is outdated or the email server not working or you have a problem with Internet connectivity. In this article, we have listed all the ways by which you can fix Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail problem on your Apple device.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a phone fixes most of the issues a user face on their handset. Here’s how you can restart your iPhone.
Restart iPhone X and later:
- Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
- When the slider appears stating slide to power off, release the buttons.
- Move the slider from left to right to shut down your handset.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds and hold down the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone All Other Models:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button. On older phones, it’s on the top of the device. On the iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side of the device.
- When the power off slider appears, release the buttons.
- Move the slider from left to right. This prompts the iPhone to shut down.
- When the phone shuts off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the button and wait for the iPhone to finish restarting.
Enable Gmail for Apple Mail
The other way to fix the problem of syncing is to enable Gmail for Apple Mail. Here’s how you can enable it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Click on the Mail and select Accounts.
- Here, you will see all the accounts you are using on your device.
- Click on your Gmail ID which is not syncing.
- Turn on the toggle for Mail if not enabled already.
- Once done, check your mail and your issue should be fixed.
Enable Fetch New Data
If you have not enabled the fetch new data for Gmail, you need to enable it from the Settings App. Here’s how you can turn on Fetch New Data on your device.
- Open the Settings App on your phone.
- Navigate to Mail >> Accounts >> Fetch New Data.
- Select Automatically under the Fetch section. You can also choose Every 15 minutes, Every 30 minutes, Hourly, and others for better battery life.
- Now, click on your Gmail account.
- Tap on Fetch to enable it for the Gmail.
Once done, remove the Mail app from the background then wait for a few seconds or minutes and your issue should be fixed.
Sign Out and Again Add Your Gmail Account
If you are still facing the same issue, you need to sign out of your account and sign in again with your Gmail account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Navigate to Mail and choose Accounts.
- Click on the Gmail account which is not syncing.
- Tap on Delete Account and confirm it by tapping Delete again.
- After deleting your account, click Add Account.
- Tap on Google from the list of email services and select Continue.
- Sign in to your Gmail account with the login credentials.
Once logged in again, check whether your issue is fixed or not.
Update the App
If the above does not work for you, you need to update the Apple Mail app to fix the crashing issue. Alternatively, you can also update your device to fix the issue. Here’s how you can update the app.
- Open App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for Apple Mail in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on Update is available to download the latest version of the app.
- Alternatively, you can also update the app by tapping on your profile picture placed at the top of the home screen.
Done, you have successfully updated the Apple Mail app on your device and your issue should be fixed.
Allow Less Secure Apps in Gmail Settings
If none of the methods works for you, you need to allow less secure apps from the Gmail Settings. Google considers non-Google apps insecure and it does not allow them to connect with it. Hence, you need to manually enable this setting to connect your Gmail with Apple Mail. Here’s how you can do it.
- Login to your Google Account on any device.
- Click on Manage Your Google Account.
- Alternatively, you can directly visit: myaccount.google.com
- Click on Security Tab and you will see a Less Secure Apps option.
- Click on Turn on Access below the Less Secure Apps.
- Here, turn on the toggle next to the Allow Less Secure Apps.
Conclusion: Fix Apple Mail Not Syncing With Gmail on iPhone
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Apple Mail Not syncing with Gmail on iPhone. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem with your iPhone device.