How to Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11 Native Apps, Windows Dark Theme Task Manager, Switch from Light or White Mode to Dark Mode, Dark Theme on Microsoft Windows Operating System –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System developed by Microsoft. It is the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in 2015.
Nowadays, most users want to enable dark mode on their mobiles, tablets, or even on laptops as it feels comfortable, decreases eye strain, and is also better suited for the night.
So, if you are one of those who want to enable dark mode theme on Windows 11 native apps, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
Related Read: How to Enable Dark Mode on Instagram?
How to Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11 Native Apps?
We have listed some of the best ways by which you can enable the dark mode theme on Windows 11 Native Apps.
Using Windows Settings
You can easily turn on the dark mode in the native Windows apps using the Settings App. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows key then search for Settings in the search bar and hit enter to open it.
- Click on Personalization from the left sidebar then tap on Colors.
- Here, you will see Choose your Mode option.
- Tap on the drop-down menu next to the Choose your Mode and select Dark from the drop-down.
Done, you have successfully enabled the dark mode on Windows native apps.
Manually Configure Dark Mode
If you want to enable dark mode to a specific app on Windows then you can do it by changing the settings of that app. Here’s how you can do it.
Here, we are enabling the dark theme on Notepad but you can use this method to change the theme of other native apps of Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Search for Notepad in the search bar and open it.
- Click on the Settings (or gear icon) on the top-right side.
- Tap on the App theme and click on Dark to apply the dark theme on it.
Done, you have successfully enabled the dark mode in Notebook. Now, you can follow the same steps with other apps.
Using Windows Themes Settings
You can also enable the dark mode on Windows 11 native apps by using the Windows Themes. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Search for Themes and Related Settings and open it.
- Click on the dark theme under the Theme section to apply it.
Done, you have successfully enabled the dark theme on the native apps of Windows.
Using Contrast Themes
If you are not able to apply dark mode for some apps or they fail to switch to dark theme, then you can manually apply a dark mode on them using the contrast themes. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows then search for Contrast Themes and open it.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the Contrast themes and select the Night Sky.
- You can also choose any other option but the night sky is the darkest among available ones.
- Finally, tap on Apply to save the settings.
Done, you have manually applied or enabled the dark mode theme to all the native apps.
Conclusion: Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11 Native Apps
So, these are the ways by which you can turn on the dark mode theme on Windows 11 Native Apps. Further, you can also use a third-party app to schedule or enable the dark mode. We hope the article helped you in achieving the same.
You can easily enable it through settings. To do so, open Settings on your device >> Click on Personalisation >> Go to Colors >> From the drop-down menu, select Dark.