Are you in a situation where stories on Facebook are not loading or showing? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Facebook Stories not loading or showing on Android or iPhone devices.
How to Fix Facebook Stories Not Loading?
Many users have reported that they are not able to see any stories on the little story panel. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix Facebook stories not loading.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you are getting a good internet speed or not because if it’s too low, you will face issues while using Facebook. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed by running a speed test.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Checker website like fast.com, speedtest.net, etc.
2. Once opened, click on the Test or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s slow, switch to a stable network and your issue should be fixed.
Disable Data Saver
If you have Data Saver enabled on Facebook then you need to turn it off in order to fix the problem of Facebook Stories not loading or showing. Follow the below steps to disable Data Saver.
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Click on the three-line icon or hamburger menu.
3. On the next screen, tap on Settings & Privacy then select Settings.
4. Click on Media under the Preferences section.
5. Select the checkbox for Optimized and deselect for Data Saver.
If you have muted stories on the platform or they have got accidentally muted, you need to unmute them in order to fix the problem of Facebook stories not loading. Follow the below steps to unmute stories on Facebook.
1. Open the Facebook app on your device.
2. Click on the hamburger menu next to the notifications icon.
3. Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy then select Settings.
4. Tap on Stories under the Audience and visibility section.
5. On the next screen, tap on Stories you muted.
6. Now, you will see all the friends you have muted, click on Unmute next to their name to unmute and see the story.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a phone fixes most of the problems a user faced on it as it closes all the background activities and refreshes all the apps. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
2. Click on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have reported that after changing and correcting the date and time on their devices, they are able to view the stories without any issues. Follow the below steps to correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on others you will find it under System settings).
3. Now, turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set time automatically.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Clear Facebook Cache
You can also try clearing the cache data as it gives a refreshes to the app and fixes most of the problems a user faced on it. Follow the below steps to clear cache data on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps or See All Apps.
3. Select Facebook from the list of installed apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Facebook app icon on the home screen and tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. On the App Info page, click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iPhones don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Facebook app.
1. Open the Settings app on an iOS device.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage.
3. Here, you will see Facebook, tap on it.
4. On the next screen, click on the Offload app option.
5. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
6. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the App
You can also try updating the app as updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements over their previous version. Follow the below steps to update the Facebook app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Facebook App
If there is no update available for the Facebook app, then you can also try re-installing the Facebook app as it also refreshes the app. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Facebook app.
1. Press and hold the Facebook app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Facebook app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check if Facebook is down
If the above methods do not work then you need to check whether Facebook is down or not as there is a high chance that the problem is due to a bug or glitch in Facebook. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and head over to an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Facebook and hit enter.
3. Select Facebook from the list of search results.
4. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
5. If the servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Facebook Stories Not Loading on Mobile
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Facebook stories not loading or showing on Mobile. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: