Is your Facebook account stuck on the loading screen and only showing the Facebook logo with the black or white screen? If so, in this read, you will learn some best ways to fix Facebook Stuck on the Loading Screen.
How to Fix Facebook Stuck on Loading Screen?
There can be various reasons why Facebook is stuck on the loading screen whether it can be due to outdated app versions or server issues. In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can fix the loading problem on Facebook.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good and stable internet connection or not because if your internet speed is too slow, you will face issues like loading stuck. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed by running a speed test.
1. Open a browser and head over to an Internet Speed Checker website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, etc).
2. Once opened, click on the Test or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network and your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a phone fixes most of the problems a user faced on it as it closes all the background activities and gives refreshment to the device. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on your Android phone.
2. Click on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Restart Windows PC
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom.
3. Select Restart from the appeared menu to finish restarting.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have also reported that after correcting the date and time on their device, they are able to get rid of the problem. Here’s how you can correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android device.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on others you will find it under System settings).
3. Now, turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set time automatically.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Clear Facebook Cache
You can also try clearing the cache data as it gives a refresh to the app. Follow the below steps to clear cache data on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Select Facebook from the list of installed apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Facebook app icon on the home screen and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
5. Click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iPhones don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Facebook app.
1. Open the Settings app on an iOS device.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage.
3. Here, you will see Facebook, tap on it.
4. On the next screen, click on the Offload app option.
5. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
6. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
On a web browser
If you are using Facebook on your PC via a browser, follow the below steps to clear the Facebook data.
1. Open the browser (Chrome in our case) on your PC.
2. Click on the three-dots icon at the top and select Settings.
3. Tap on Privacy and Security at the left sidebar.
4. Click on Clear Browsing Data.
5. Select the Time Range to All Time.
6. Make sure to select the checkbox for Cookies and other site data & Cache images and files then click on Clear Data.
On Facebook Web App
If you are using the Facebook app on your PC, below are the steps by which you can
1. Press the Windows+S key at once to open the search.
2. Type Facebook and right-click on it then tap App Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on Reset to delete the app data.
4. Confirm it by tapping on Reset.
Update the App
You can also try updating the app as updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements over their previous version. Follow the below steps to update the Facebook app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Facebook App
If there is no update available for the Facebook app, then you can also try re-installing the Facebook app as it also refreshes the app. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Facebook app.
1. Press and hold the Facebook app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm the uninstallation by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Facebook app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check if Facebook is down
If the above methods do not work then you need to check whether Facebook is down or not as there is a high chance that the problem is due to a bug or glitch in Facebook. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and head over to an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Facebook and hit enter.
3. Select Facebook from the list of search results.
4. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
5. If the servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Facebook Stuck on Loading Screen
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Facebook Stuck on Loading Screen. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: