Wondering how to use your Android TV without physical Remote, 5 Ways to Control Your Android TV without Remote, How do I Use My Smart TV wirelessely without the physical remote –
Android TV is a smart TV operating system based on Android and developed by Google. Nowadays, many smartphone brands are introducing TV backed with Android TV OS.
Many times, we need to watch something on our TV but don’t able to find the physical remote at that time or sometimes it’s not working properly. Hopefully, there are ways by which you can control your TV without the physical remote.
So, if you are one of those who are not able to find your Android TV’s remote, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added 4 Ways to Control Your Android TV without Remote.
How to Control Your Android TV without Remote?
Controlling Android TV without the Physical Remote is very easy and convenient, you just need to pay some attention to do so. Read on to check all the 4 Ways to Control it without a remote.
Using Google TV App
As your TV is running on Android TV OS, hence you easily use the Google TV app to control it without the physical remote. However, in order to use the feature of the Google TV remote, you must have “Android TV Remote Service” updated on your TV. If yes, follow the steps to connect it.
2. Open the application, and click on TV Remote at the bottom right side.
3. Make sure that your phone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network OR your Android TV is connected to your phone’s hotspot.
4. It will then ask you for Location permission, enable it.
5. Select your TV name. If the searching does not begin automatically, tap on Select a device at the top then select the device.
6. Enter the pairing code that appears on your TV then tap on Pair.
7. Once paired, you can use your TV using the Google TV Remote app.
Using Phone’s IR Blaster
If you use a phone that has IR Blaster in it (like Xiaomi, Redmi, POCO, Huawei, Honor, or LeEco phones) then you can easily control and use your Android TV without the physical remote. Below are the steps by which you can pair your TV to a Xiaomi device.
1. On Xiaomi phones, open the Mi Remote app (the IR Controller app varies from brand to brand).
2. Click on the + icon at the top-left corner to add a device. If you are using it for the first time, tap on Add Remote button at the bottom.
3. Now, choose TV from the list of devices as we want to control our TV then search and choose your TV brand.
4. If you have a Mi TV, tap on the Paired button to complete the pairing process.
5. While if you have any other Android TV, you need to point your smartphone’s IR blaster to the Android TV and test the preset that works with your TV, by tapping on each of them, until the TV responds. Once done, your TV will add and you can control it via your phone’s IR Blaster.
Control Android TV Using Wi-Fi Remote
You can also control your TV using a Wi-Fi Remote app. There are many applications available for both Android and iOS devices like UniMote, and Remote for Android TVs which works without any issues. Below are the steps by which you can use it.
2. Once downloaded, open the app on your phone.
3. Make sure that your Android TV and Phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and it will start searching for the devices.
4. Click on your TV name from the available devices list.
5. Enter the pairing code displayed on your TV to the UniMote app then tap OK.
6. Now, control your TV wirelessly via the UniMote App on your phone.
Using Manufacturer Remote App
You can also download the manufacturer’s TV app to control your Android TV using the app without having the physical remote. However, you need to download the specific app based on the TV brand you have.
For example, if you have an LG Smart TV, you need to install the LG ThinQ app while if you own a Samsung Smart TV, you need to install the SmartThings app, etc.
Once you install the manufacturer app, you need to connect your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network, in order to control it.
Using the Connect Feature
If you are stuck on the YouTube app on your TV with the lost remote and wanna control it without a remote then you can pair it with your phone using the Connect feature.
However, you must have the same Google account logged into your phone and TV and the app should be running on the latest version, in order to use the “Connect” feature. If you follow all the conditions, below are the steps by which you can connect it to control your TV.
1. While the YouTube app opens on your Android TV, open the YouTube app on your phone as well.
2. As mentioned above, make sure that you are logged into the same Google account on your phone as on your Android TV.
3. Tap on the Connect button under the “Watching YouTube on TV” popup on your phone. If you didn’t see the popup on the YouTube app on your phone, try closing and reopening the app again.
4. Click on the Cast icon at the top then select Remote (select Voice if you want to control it with your voice).
5. Now, use your phone to control the YouTube app on your Android TV. Click on the cross icon to close the remote.
6. If you wish to disconnect it, click on the cast icon at the top then select Disconnect.
Conclusion: Control Your Android TV without Remote
So, these are the ways by which you can control your Android TV without having a physical remote. If the article helped you share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: