Wondering How to Check Whether Your Phone has an AMOLED or LCD Display, 4 Ways To Find Display Type Of Your Phone, How do I Check My Smartphone Display Type –
Many people are aware of AMOLED and LCD Display Types and some of them are aware of their differences. However, most users don’t care about the display type while looking for a new phone as they only want a good camera phone or a phone made for gamers.
But, there are many instances, when we want to check the display type of our phones as people ask for it. Hopefully, there are ways by which you can find whether your phone has AMOLED or LCD display as they are only the popular ones.
So, if you are also one of those who is looking for the display type of your smartphone, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to find it.
How to Find the Display Type Of Your Phone?
Sometimes, we just want to check the display type for a new phone or second-hand/refurbished phone, in order to, answer the questions asked by techies available around us. In this article, we have listed the ways by which you can find the display type of your phone.
Check on the Manufacturer’s Website
Almost every popular smartphone brand has its official website in which they add the tech specs of each phone. Hence, you can easily find your phone’s display type from the manufacturer’s website. Follow the below steps to check it.
1. Open your phone’s brand website on a browser.
2. Search or find your phone on the website.
3. Tap on Tech Specs or Full Specifications or Parameter.
4. Scroll down to the display section to see the display type of your phone.
5. Alternatively, you can also check the tech specs of your phone via a website like GSMArena, and others. You just need to search for the phone name to see the specifications.
Check on the Phone’s Box
If you have purchased a new phone or if you have box your refurbished phone then you check the display type through its box. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Turn around the box and look out for its specifications.
2. Most probably, you will see the display on the box.
By Physical Inspection
You can also distinguish between an AMOLED and LCD Display by inspecting it physically. AMOLED or OLED Displays do not light up the pixels when the black color comes up. Follow the below steps to check it.
1. Download an all-black image on your device.
2. Open the image on your device and move to a dark environment and turn the brightness of your phone to 100 percent.
3. Here, if you see a backlight, then the display on your phone is LCD. If it looks all black (just like in the image, left is AMOLED and right phone image is LCD) then your phone has AMOLED or OLED Display.
By Using A Third-Party App (Android)
There are many apps available in the Play Store that allows users to know the display panel used on their phone. Follow the below steps to check your display type on your Android phone.
1. Download the Display Tester App from Play Store on your phone.
2. Once downloaded, open the app.
3. Click on Tests from the top menu.
4. Select Defective Pixel Detection from the given options.
5. Scroll down until you reach the black color.
6. Move to a dark environment. Here, if you see a backlight, then the display on your phone is LCD. If it looks all black (just like in the image, left is AMOLED and right phone image is LCD) then your phone has AMOLED or OLED Display.
Conclusion: Find the Display Type Of Your Phone
So, these are the ways by which you can Find the Display Type of Your Phone. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: